What are the types of teeth and their work?
This dentition has three types of teeth
- Incisors: They are front teeth in the jaw and are useful to bite the food. There will be 8 incisors altogether
- Canines: they are the corner teeth and are useful in tearing the food. They are 4 in number
- Molars: these are the large teeth present at the back and are useful in grinding the teeth. Milk dentition has 2 deciduous molars.
- Incisors: These teeth are primarily useful for biting and cutting the food. They are 8 in number and are present in the front part of the jaw.
- Canines: Canines are strong teeth. They are present at the corner of the mouth and are useful to tear the food. They are 4 in number.
- Premolars: This dentition has premolars along with rest of the other types of teeth seen in milk dentition.
Premolars are located between canines and molars. Are also useful in grinding food like molars and are 8 in number.
- Molars: Permanent dentition has 12 molars including 4 third molars. These are the biggest and strongest teeth. They are useful in chewing and grinding teeth.